With the trees turning colors and the weather changing from summer to fall and in some places winter already, we've felt it only fitting to also make changes, updates and improvements to Gameplan.
Read on for all the updates, improvements and bug fixes implemented in the last 2 months.
🔗 Extended Statespace Partnership
We have expanded our partnership with Statespace, who are the parent company to ProGuides and Aim Lab, to add a few more game titles and build upon some of the titles we already have in our content library. Through this partnership we have added their training programs and drill made by professional esports players and coaches to the Gameplan platform. If interested, you can read more about it HERE.
🙋♀️ Lesson Improvements
We've heard your feedback and suggestions and we've been making quite a few updates and improvements to lessons as they are one of the most used pieces on Gameplan. Read on to see all the things we've been working on for you!
Improvement to Images
We've now made it easier to resize images. It was possible before, but we felt it wasn't very intuitive. Now once you have uploaded and placed an image into your lesson, all you have to do is grab the little bar on the right of the image and drag your your desired size.
We also identified and fixed a bug where if you pasted an image in-line to the text editor it would not actually upload the image and would cause slow load times. That has since been resolved, so you are good to go and images will now be uploaded as normal and you shouldn't have slow load times with lessons anymore.
For those of you creating your own content on Gameplan, we have added new interactive activities within lessons. They can be found in the rich text editor toolbar as "tasks". The tasks that are currently live on Gameplan are: Single Choice Answer, Multiple Choice Answer, Fill in the Gaps and Connect Alternatives - Text. The rest of the activities shown above will be added in the coming weeks.
Other Lesson Updates
There are a few more things we've working on to improve lessons:
- Vimeo is now a supported link type when embedding videos into lessons
- Lesson Overview - giving you the ability to see which students have completed/visited which page of a lesson easily.
- Lesson Impressions - on the last page of each lesson, students and teachers can rate (thumbs up or down) a lesson and provide additional feeback
🐛 Small Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Site navigation is now collapsible
- Ability to update a students profile (you can now change a student's username and email from their user profile)
- Fixed a bug to show teacher's feedback to a student on exams that have been sent back for additional attempts
- We've been updating and improving our back-end communications so the sight work quicker, more optimally and as intended
That about wraps it up for this patch notes email. As always if you have any comments, questions or concerns, please reach out via email or in our help center chat box. This is our last patch notes email for 2022, so we wish you a safe and happy holiday season and a great start to 2023!
The Gameplan Team